Just B Dance
Students at Just B Dance should always come to class looking ready to give their best.
* Hair is to be pulled back neatly and securely.
* Small earrings are permitted. All other jewelry should be taken off before the beginning of class. Necklaces, rings, bracelets and watches are not to be worn for any dance class.
* Dancers should always have the proper shoes and dance wear. No street shoes, jeans, sweatpants, baggy t-shirts or sweatshirts are permitted in any classroom.
* Solid colors only: No prints or patterns on any apparel other than GDA/Just B Dance t-shirts.
* Undergarments (bras, underwear, etc.) Should always be tucked into dance clothing and blend in with the dress code. Please make sure all straps are tucked in.
* Students who repeatedly come to class outside of dress code may be asked to leave the class with no refund for the class.
Jazz: Black or tan jazz shoes, no laces (sometimes called “Jazz Booties”)
Modern: bare feet or Foot Thongs (also called “Paws”)
Tap: Black tap shoes
Hip-Hop: Black dance sneakers
Tiny, Preschool, Kinder Classes
Girls:* You will need to order the class uniforms from the Studio. * Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes, with elastics * Black tap shoes with elastic ties or buckles
Boys:* Hair secured away from face Boys: * White t-shirt (undershirt style, properly fitting) * Black jazz pants or shorts * Black ballet shoes * Black tap shoes with ties (not buckle)
Ballet (levels elementary & 1+)
Ladies* Ballet Pink Tights * Black Leotards * Pink leather or canvas Ballet Shoes * Black or pink ballet sweater or leg warmers (optional)
Boys* Hair secured away from face Gentlemen: * Black jazz pants, tights or dance shorts * Black ballet shoes * White t-shirt appropriately fitted * Dance Belt Recommended
Optional for levels 3 & up:* Black ballet shorts * Black camisole, tightly fitted tank top * Cut tight tops under leotard for support * No skirts in class, although they may be worn for in-class performances
Jazz, Modern, Tap, Hip-Hop
Ladies:* Leotards or snugly fit tops (no prints) * Appropriate fitting dance pants or shorts and tights * Appropriate fitting long sleeve t-shirts are permitted for warm-up. * Hair secured in a ponytail or other style that will not fall out during class or whip the dancers in the eyes while turning.
Gentleman:* Appropriate fitting solid t-shirts * Dance pants or shorts