JUST B DANCE
Thank you for trusting Just B Dance with your child’s dance and performing arts education! Our hope is to make dance fun while learning great technique.
The following policies and procedures are subject to change and are set-up to make sure your student gets the best education possible and creates an environment for all students to thrive and safely explore his or her artistry. If you have any questions regarding any topic listed, please do not hesitate to contact Bethany at Bethany@justbdance.com.
- All payments should be made to Just B Dance in Visa, Mastercard, personal or cashier’s check, or by cash in an envelope marked with the family’s name and date on the outside. Tuition can be paid in person at the studio or monthly autopay.
- Automatic payment options are available through our online accounts and are charged on the 30th of the month for the following month’s tuition.
- Tuition is due on the last day of the month for the following installment’s tuition. An exceedingly late payment may result in the refusal of class instruction.
- There is a $10 late fee if tuition is not paid by the 5th. There will be an additional $10/week it is late and if not paid within 2 weeks, your child will not participate in class.
- All months will be paid the same amount of tuition, regardless of whether there is 3, 4 or 5 classes for the month (see below).
- Registration Fee: $40 per new family, $30 per returning family, per year enrolled.
- To enroll, families must pay the registration fee and the first month’s tuition to reserve a place in the class(es).
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks.
Just B Dance is a school year program that runs for 10 months. You are paying for 37 weeks of dance over the course of 10 months and your balance for the full session is______.
You have 2 options for payment:
- You can pay off your balance on a monthly basis of ____per month for 10 months.
- This choice requires a signed contract stating you understand you are paying until balance is $0.
- If you decide to cancel you classes, you are responsible for paying a $150 drop fee. There is a 30 day grace period for new students.
- Installments are broken up as follows:
- Enrollment: registration fee
- August 30– September Tuition
- September 30 – October Tuition
- October 30 – November Tuition
- November 15th – costume deposit $25 per dance (refundable until December 22nd)
- November 30th – December tuition
- December 15th – recital participation fee ($40) per family
- December 30th– January Tuition
- January 30th – February Tuition, remainder costume balance
- February 28th – March Tuition
- March 30th – April Tuition
- April 30th – May Tuition
- May 30th – June Tuition (1/2 normal month)
- There is a 30 day grace period on the contract for new families; it can be cancelled within 30 days from the first enrolled class with no repercussions should you decide the class is not the right fit for your child.
- If you would like to pay for the year in full, we will offer a 5% discount on the total tuition (3% if paid by credit card). This is only acceptable if paid in full by December 2016. There are no discounts after that.
- Tuition paid in full cannot be refunded.
Drop Class Policy
- Just B Dance is an on-going program from September – June with Special Camps and Classes during the summer. When signing up, you are signing up for a 10 month Session. (Sept-June)
- In order to drop a class, YOU MUST GIVE US A WRITTEN 30-day notice. Once this notice has been received AND acknowledged, then your child(ren) will be dropped from the requested class(es) on the 1st of the following month. $150 DROP FEE WILL BE CHARGED
- Students who choose to not perform in the June shows can not be credited/prorated June tuition.
- Students should only miss when absolutely necessary and consider that every class is mandatory. If a student is exceedingly absent or tardy, they may be removed from parts or all of choreography.
- Class begins at the scheduled time; students should be ready to dance at that time, and thus should arrive in dress code several minutes before class to get ready (put bags & clothes away, put shoes on, etc.)
- The two classes before the annual concert should be treated as dress rehearsals and not be missed by any student.
Make-ups & Teachers
- If a student misses class due to sickness, travel, or other reasons, she/he can make-up in a class they are not already enrolled in at the same or lower level. Tuition will not be reimbursed or credited due to student absences.
- Just B Dance reserves the right to substitute teachers or change teachers for any classes offered through out the year. If a teacher must miss a class due to sickness, travel, or other reason, and a substitute can not be secured, the class will be cancelled and students and parents will be notified as quickly as possible. In this instance, either a make-up class will be scheduled or tuition will be credited, at the discretion of Just B Dance.
- We have designated an observation week, noted on our calendar in the back of our handbook. This is the time when you can observe your child’s progress. We do not allow parents to be inside the classroom but can view through the window; this is to guarantee the best dance education experience for all of our students.
- Just B Dance is committed to family-safe music. Music will have a positive message. Music conveying inappropriate ideas or using inappropriate language is strictly forbidden.
Open Door Policy
- We are constantly striving to better ourselves as a business, business owners and staff! Receiving your feedback can assist us in our own growth. Anonymous comments are welcome in our “mail” box, located in the lobby of the studio.
- We do all communication through email. We encourage all parents to check their e-mail at least once per week.
Financial Aid Policy
- If you are interested in financial aid, we have many options that include (but are not limited to) cleaning the studio, administration work, scholarship funding and more. Please email Bethany@justbdance.com for more information if this is something you need.
- Just B Dance has a monthly newsletter. This will be sent out at the end of the month to inform you of the “What’s Happening” the following month. This will be sent out via email and a great way to know what’s happening at the studio.
Summer Classes and Summer Camps
- Although it is not mandatory to sign up for summer classes or camps, we encourage all dancers to do so. Dancing through out the summer ensures dancers do not loose the technique they spent 10 months building! If you are interested in our Performing Team, attending our “Summer Intensive” in MANDATORY.
The Just B Dance ballet programs are designed to help students progress in the art form of ballet at an appropriate pace for their age and ability. Students in level 2 or higher are required to take 2 of the classes in their designated level within their program in order to participate in ballet. If you are interested in going on pointe, you are required to take 3 ballet classes plus the pre-pointe/variations class.
We have 6 different performing teams and 1 competition team. The performing teams are by invitation only for ages 5+. If you are interested in being a part of our teams, please let us know! Competition team is by audition only and auditions are held during the summer dance intensive.
Policies & Procedures are subject to change